There are so many stories! The tale of orphan Eva and her grandmother is in the book. At 3, little Eva couldn’t crawl, stand, walk or talk and was having six seizures daily. She was a very nervous child and unable even to feed herself and would often chew the skin off of her hands. How she’s changed!
Or, in Balama, the story of how two orphans walked six miles to our house to ask for assistance, one orphan leading a blind orphan with a guide stick. They lived with their grandmother who had run out of food due to a bad harvest. They are safe now with us.
Help is needed for the many children who otherwise would be left to fend for themselves. No government agency in Mozambique has resources to help the thousands of children who are suffering. In Mozambique, a 30-year civil war and the devastating floods of 2001 followed by a drought in 2002 have caused tremendous suffering. But, working together, one child at a time, we can make a difference!
Your donation of $30.00 per month for one child in Mozambique will provide:
- 3 high protein meals per day
- a Christian education
- clothing 4 times per year
- a new warm blanket annually
- medical care
Currently, in Mozambique, we have many babies less than 3 years of age who need sponsors. The powered milk formula needed to feed them must be imported and it is expensive and difficult to get. Obtaining it wholesale in large quantities requires a 14 hour round trip.
HOW TO SPONSOR A CHILD:
- Mail a check payable to Orphans Unlimited, Inc., 562 S. Hwy 123 Bypass, Box #301, Seguin, TX 78155. Please include a note in with your first check specifying that you would like to sponsor a child. We will send a set of pre-addressed envelopes at your request.
- When we receive your first gift, we will also add your e-mail address into our system so that you receive the Bush Bunny Brenda Blog. The weekly Blog will keep you up to date on what your funds are doing and also share the current “up close and personal stories” of our kids.
Our orphans are taught to read and write while they are with us at boarding school. When they return to their villages, they bring their Bibles back home with them and share the Good News with those in their villages. They are usually the only ones who can read and write and have a great impact on the surrounding areas..
OTHER CONTACT INFORMATION:
If you have questions or just want to contact Brenda, feel free to e-mail her. Since she receives e-mail by HF radio and not by telephone lines (this remote part of Mozambique has no electricity or telephones), please keep it short and simple, text only.
If you choose to mail letters, please remember that even airmail is slow, so letters sent via regular mail will take at least 2 months just to reach her. E-mail is best.